
Hiya everyone. Man, New England Summer weather is pretty unpredictable. First thing each morning we wake up and take a look outside to see what kind of day's ahead. Very different from the predictable sunny San Diego! More days than not are completley gorgeous- mid 70's. However, random rain sneaks up on us once or twice a week. Also random hot! Forecast predicts high 90's all this week. Then next week it'll drop down into the low 70's. So in the matter of 1 day it'll drop 20 degrees. Crazy!
There's a lake right down the street from us- about a 10 min walk. It's a nice swimming/fishing/boating lake that's only open to Manchester residents. The water is warm and clean! They have a neat childrens day camp which many of the residents seem to take advantage of. We'll def be taking regular walks here. Oh and funny thing ...it's called Crystal Lake. Yup, just like Friday the 13th. Duh, duh, duh!!! :-O
Beautiful day!
:)
New Hampshire seems to always have some kind of Festival going on. I came across a chili fest about 30 mins North of us. We love us some chili so we were so there! It was at Pats Peak which is a ski area in the winter months. It was so beautiful up there! It happened to be a rainy day but didn't seem to bother anyone. Everyone was just hanging out eatin' chili in the rain... :)
The restaurant competitors
Mmm
The Amatuer Competition. Some were de-lish and others I could have easily blown away with my chili! Maye next year... :-P
Love the kilts :)
Our pick for Amatuer
We didn't agree on the restaurant... this one was my pick. It was SO tasty!
And Joshua's pick...
Outside the chili fest eating ice cream in the rain! :)
Say Chili! :)
Pats Peak
We hadn't done a pedi night in a while and our feets were getting bad so I declared pedi night! Joshua loves it... I made finger foods, got some wine, lit candles, made a relaxing setlist to set the mood and pampered away! It was so much fun and much needed. Now we have happy feets!
The Set up
Snackies
He likes :)
The tools
Joshua soakin'
My Turn! :)
I followed the romantic evening off with Joshua's fav... Pizza! I made it into the shape of heart. <3 He loved it.
Let's make some pizza!
Shapin' the dough
Before
Isn't it romantic? hehe
It's my last week of unemployment and I plan to make the best of it. I picked out a couple of Fall projects to help spruce up the apartment for the coming season! I can't beleive it's just a few weeks away. So excited to see the Foliage! We're also planning a trip up to The White Mountains to see what all the fuss is about. Everyone says it's the most beautiful part of the state. We can't wait!
Coming soon!
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the Summer! Love you. Miss you. XoXo
No comments:
Post a Comment