Sunday, March 13, 2011

California Love ♥

 
Wow. What an emotional trip! Ya know, I've always been the sensitive type but from across the miles and into my old age I think I've really become just one big ole' sap! I feel SOOOO much about EVERYTHING!!! Extreme happiness when I see someone doing well and extreme worry when another is not. Sadness in uneasy situations in which I have no control and such giddiness upon familiarity. I want to see everyone healthy and happy! All in all I guess it all derives from one crazy little thing called love. I love my family and friends sooooooooo much!!! I'm so lucky to have them all in my life.
 
 
 
Having said all that... it was wonderful going back to SoCal and seeing everyone after this long struggle of making this dream a reality 3000 miles away from everything we know! The events that took me home were heartbreaking and unfortunate but I'm grateful for that time I had with my loved ones.



Nostalgic is the perfect word to describe my time in my Grandmothers home in which she lived in my entire life in my hometown of Moreno Valley, CA.



I had almost forgotten how beautiful San Diego is with the rolling hills peaking in green this time of year.


LA traffic sure hasn't changed much but I enjoyed my time in the cute city of Lakewood visiting with one of my oldest and dearest friends that I've missed so very much.



~~ Here are a few more shots from my trip. Hope you enjoy! ~~


Aaaaand,I'm off...

San Diego 

Gettin' my fix!

We went through all of Grandmas memories at her Wake. Here are a few that I picked out to take with me in her memory.

Her fridge was FULL of magnets for as long as I can remember. A few that are now hanging on my fridge...

Classic Grandma. So goofy, so sassy, so much personality!

Worlds greatest nephew

He's gotten so big!




Picking flowers for all the beautiful women in his life :)



Boy loves him some Batman!

Carne Asada Tacos -my 4th sitting of Mexican by just the end of the 2nd day. GETTIN' MY FIX YO! :-/

Eating with the fam

Girls night

Sistas


My dear friend Kim

We drank a little wine

Don't forget to eat your soup!

Libby is happy with my mama- she told me so!

Although Danielle asked me to take her back. hehe :-)

My family

Day at Castle Park- hadn't been there in dayyyyyyyys!!!

It was almost 90 out this day! Woo-wie! I was not used to that inland CA heat!!!

Brought back so many old memories

Wy's quite the golfer



I wanted to hold onto her tight and never let go!

Hey guys! Let me show you how it's done! :)



This one's for the hubby!

Mom had to step on the gas for Wy. hehe.

That pow pow's as big as him!!!

I got to babysit Wy- we had so much fun playing Wii Lego Star Wars! Def makin' Uncle Josh proud!

My parents have both lost so much weight since I left... hardly recognized them!

Old Three's Company crew :)

Love my mom

Family staple - Chicago Pasta House -


Good times in the hood


Saying goodbye to the fam was a lot harder this time around...  :'(

Pedis, sushi, ice cream and chick flicks - yes please!


Perfect day with my buddy

And back to New England I go! 

-Aw, home sweet home! A lot of snow melted while I was away. Ready for a great Spring!- xoxo

2 comments:

Natascha said...

Great pics! It was FABULOUS seeing your beautiful face! :)

♥ THE SIMS said...

So nice to see yours too! Love you!! xo

Til next time...

Til next time...