"To find someone who will love you for no reason, and to shower that person with reasons, that is the ultimate happiness. " ~Robert Brault
Wow. Can you believe we've been married a year already?! Time really does fly when you're adjusting to a completely new life across the country! :-P No, it's def been a big year for us. Not a typical 1st year of marriage but I have to say I look back and wouldn't change a thing! Not only are we right where we want to be but we've learned so much about each other this year. True life lessons~ of patience and faith and strength. After this extraordinary year we felt like celebrations were def in order! We took a long weekend up to the White Mountains (2 hrs north of us) for much needed time away - out of this teeny apartment! It was wonderful!Kearsarge Inn, North Conway NH
I am a sucker for old things. :)
Our cottage
Umm ... yyyes?!
Spacious and comfy
Joshua's 1st gift - I had a New York Cheesecake delivered to our room... the move across country stopped us from saving the top of our cake for the 1 year dig in. It was yum!
Apple crumb cheesecake - similar to the one we had at our wedding
The first day we took a hike up to Ripley Falls
It was amazing!
The mountains up here are like something out of a fairy tale. Stunning!
One of the many covered bridges in this area...
After our hike we headed to Wildcat mountain to ride the ziprider!
It was soooooooooooo fun!
Headed up the mountain- this was my 1st time on the ski lift. There was NO bar and I was a tad nervous... :-/
It was perfect zipriding weather! 70's, breezy and blue skies! That's what I'm talkin' about!
After the ziprider we took the gondola all the way up the mountain- 4000 feet!
View from the top
Even though our anniversary was on Sunday we couldn't wait to do gifts... :))
♥
I LOVE my new necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good looking couple ;)
At the steakhouse... it was de-lish!
Showing it off :)
On our anniversary we had some breakfast at this hip cafe- total hippy vibe. So me! :0) The food was yum!
Then we walked around North Conway for a bit ...such a neat town.
This doggy loves his new toy! hehe
Cheese!
@ our place! :)
We took the afternoon train ride on the Conway Scenic railroad... this railroad's been around since 1872!
I LOVE the history!
We opted for the special dome seating on the Dorothy Mae :)
She was built in the mid 50's for transcontinental service through Canada and the US.
All Aboard!! They do the Polar Express during Christmas time... we're SO bringing our future kiddos! One of my fav books as a kid!
Very excited!
Our view from above
Chugga chugga, choo choo!
We're on a train mothaeffa! :-P Nerds, I know!
♥♥
It was neat
The bar area...
After our train ride we walked over to Zebs General Store- so cool!
I LOVE this!!!
Mmm
They are serious about their Red Sox here people!
:) I like
For dinner we had reservations at the White Mountain Cider Co. It was Argentina themed tapas night. A local winery was also there and we enjoyed the all you can drink tastings :)
The food was great!
So was the wine!
Blowing my handsome husband kisses ♥♥
The band was soooooo good! Really enjoyed it. Folksy- love!
Lovebirds
Again, perfect weather to be outside!
After dinner we watched the sunset
♥♥
Then went back to our hotel and enjoyed ice cream and more wine out on the patio!
I needed to get nice and drunk so I would stop itching these damn bites! EEK!!! I got bit about 10x on my back, neck, head and one on my leg. Note to self: NEVER go into the deep woods without bug spray again! At least this time of year...black fly's and mosquito's are NOT my friends!
Ok, we were gonna ride that damn horse if it was the last thing we did! hehehehe
:0)
Driving home... gorgeous scenic drive with NO traffic! :-P
Lake Winnipesaukee
It was a great anniversary! A great year! Can't wait to see what's ahead in the years to come... :)
P.S. we got the townhouse! We'll be moving to Hampton Falls in July. Onto the next chapter! Hopefully this will be our last year of renting... and we'll be talking of buying an actual house on or near anniversary #2!
P.S.S. This was my final gift to Joshua... pause the music if you have a min to watch. I'm enjoying making videos so much however my computer is not quality enough to really do it well. I have issues while I'm editing with it freezing up so I have to throw it together quickly. Grrrr. And I can never get videos to stay on there so it's all pics. :( Oh well, until I can get a new puter I'll do what I can... or talk Joshua into letting me use his next time maybe? ha! We'll see... :)
xoxo
Love and miss everyone! Talk atcha soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment