Monday, July 19, 2010

Times they are a-changin'!

2010 has been quite the year for us! We got engaged, lost 30+ lbs, married, left our jobs and up and moved our lives across country. It’s been exciting, hectic and exhausting! We’re both so ready to get back into the groove of things and start living normal lives together as Mr. and Mrs.! :)

We’ve been in New Hampshire for about a week now. It’s gorgeous here! The weather has been great, the people friendly and the food delicious! I think we’re still adjusting to the fact that we actually live here! I find myself pinching myself often... is this a dream? Sounds so corny but it really is a dream come true! Small town, green, lakes, fresh air, SEASONS! We're so excited for all this change! All we need is for that truck to pull up with all our stuff, a couple of J-O-B's and life will be perfect.

We started this blog so all our family and friends back home can keep up with our upcoming adventures in New England! I’ll try to update it every couple of weeks or so. I’ve included some pictures of what life's been like for us the last couple of months. Oh how times they are a-changin'! Enjoy. :)


 The Proposal Spot

Engagement photos



He popped the question on March 5th. We married June 5th. Yup, we were engaged for just 3 months! ♥

Point Loma Lighthouse



   We debated on E-vite! But decided against it.
   
The Invite

The view that sealed the deal for our reception

Ceremony Site


Wedding planning with my bridesmaid!

Marriage License!

        Girls gettin purty for the big day

       Rehearsal Dinner

              We had these ornaments made for our closest family and friends in the theme of our wedding

.  Making Bouquets

          Cheers to getting married!!!

June 5th, 2010


Goooin to the marina and we're... gonnnnna get married!!! :)

My dad performed Beatles In my Life to start the ceremony.



Matron of Honor and our handsome ring bearers! :)


Here comes the bride...













Blue is my signature color. ;)







 



 




We stayed at the Majestic Elegance Resort in the Elegance club adult only section in Punta Cana. It was HEAVEN!

The night we got "silly"!!!

We were only tipsy here, I swear. LOL!

The most delicious seafood EVER


 Punta Cana has the longest zipline in all of the Caribbean!

Bridal Breakfast

Under the palapa!


Cham-pag-ne!

Waiting for our romantic honeymoon dinner

Def the most beautiful beaches we've ever seen!

:)


Road Trip!
Utah

Wyoming

Devils Tower

Mt. Rushmore, Keystone SD

Visiting Friends/Fam

Karen in O'Fallon, IL

    Shay in Chicago, IL

Michelle in Indianapolis, IN

We surprised the fam in Lexington, SC 

There's nothin' quite like SC BBQ!

Virginia


Rufus did so good on the trip! He did this most of the way! :)

Philly! Yo, Adrian!!!

You and me...
♥♥♥

I'm going to cut right to the chase here. Do you like magic? Because I am a genie in a bottle and I am going to grant you three wishes. To move to Scranton, to have a great job, and to be my best friend.

New York


Entering the world of GREEN!! :)


Home Sweet Home!!!

We plan to rent here a year, explore NH and then buy a house.

How we've been living the past week! Air mattress and an ice chest TV stand!! Gotta get creative when you only have so much. We ate Spaghetti -our first homemade dinner in a solo cup! It's def been an adventure. :)

Our closet! :))

2nd Bedroom. Notice the heaters... apparently these are the good kind? Wouldn't know... never used heat much! :-P

How I let Joshua into the building every time he forgets his keys!

Living Room window view

We started our new bathroom -thank you friends! I fell in love with this shower curtain and thought it went great with NH. Just need a few accent pieces and the bathroom will be complete.

The Backyard!

Damn, I'm good looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures and the captions, too! You did a great job and I'm so happy for you both :)

Brooke said...

Yay! I am going to start following your blog...very cute! Congrats to you two :) I think you are going to love NH.

♥ THE SIMS said...

Thanks ladies! :)

Til next time...

Til next time...