This looks like a good pillow...
Rufus loves Top Chef! :)
Yay! Stuff!!!!
And eek! ...stuff!
These DVD stands weigh a ton!
We've been on the job hunt full force and I've gone on a couple of interviews. I interviewed for an EMT dispatcher position last week that really caught my eye. It's a solid job in a good field, hrs, benefits and pay. The interview went well and the gentlemen told me he'd call me soon to set up a 2nd interview. Well almost a week had gone by and I hadn't heard from him so I started to do this panic thing I do inside. Trying not to show my husband I began cleaning and organizing the house when really all I wanted to do was cry. So right before I was about to have my breakdown the light shined down on my cell phone, awwwwwee and he called! Yay! My 2nd interview is tomorrow. I don't have the words to describe just how badly I want this job. Not necessarily because it's my dream job but because that's when I'll know we've succeeded!
Saturday was a great time. We got tickets to see one of our if not our favorite comedian Louis C.K. in Hampton Beach. What a great experience it was! So we arrived a few hrs early to get a bite to eat and walk around and check out the area. This place is so old school, I love it! There's an old boardwalk with arcades, carnival games, gift shops, restaraunts and all your fav junk food stands. Corndogs, funnel cake, cotton candy, pretzels and the big Hampton thing - fried dough! So it's just a flat piece of dough like you'd get on a small pizza, they fry it up and have a plethora of toppings for you to choose from. Blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, apple, butter, sugar, bavarian creme, etc. So we had to break the diet to try this thing out and oh man... it was yummy! We covered ours in butter, apples, cinnamon and powdered sugar. De-lish! We had dinner at a place called The Purple Urchin which was just above the Casino Ballroom where our show was being held and overlooked Hampton Beach. I ordered the Jumbo Seared Scallops with lobster rissotto and Joshua ordered the fish & chips with a cup of chowda. Joshua's was def the winner on this one. The chowda was to die for and the fish was cooked to a perfect crisp. My scallops had a sweet orange sauce that was a bit offputting with the salty lobster rissotto. Win some you lose some! After dinner we fooled around in the arcades and walked over to the beach til it was time for our show. The show. Was. AWESOME! Hands down the best show we've ever seen. If you like stand up like we do than you have to see Louis C.K. He's just so real, doesn't care who he's going to offend and has a way of saying things that just makes it so dang funny. He had us in tears all night. We sat next to a couple of guys from Boston who were the biggest characters and very Boston. We had SO MUCH FUN! After the stressful month we've had ...it was perfect. It was just what we needed! :)
Seafood dinner
Hampton Beach
Ready for Louis C.K. :)
Funarama is fun!
Hampton Casino
Fried Dough!!!!
Nummies!
P.S. Please add to be a follower of our blog! :) We'll be putting it on private status soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment