Friday, November 26, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...



I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone and Christmas is on its way! With Christmas comes winter and with winter comes snow! This is going to be the true test to see if we can hack it in New Hampshire.



Last week we had our 1st visitor! Daniel was delivering a load up here and stopped by for a visit. After a long hard day it was a great surprise. So nice seeing a familiar face!


  
We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! As much as we missed our family this year we really had a great day together. Cooking began at 9:30am and dinner was served at 4! Everything came out so delicious. The Turkey was moist, the sweet potato casserole creamy and the jello salad was just like Mama Sims makes it! The only thing we had a small problem with was the Pumpkin Pie. I made it from fresh pumpkin for the 1st time but used a regular ole store bought pie crust and the crust burnt! :-( It was pretty devistating but after looking at it closely we realized it was only the outter crust. So we just ate around it and everything inside was quite yummy! Phweew!

Getting the turkey ready

Making the pie

Preparing the Stuffing and Sweet potatoes

Green bean casserole

The Spread

My maple roasted sage turkey with bacon :)

Yay!
  
Joshua carving the turkey with the worlds smallest knife! hehe

Pie ready to go into the oven

Sparkling wine and cider

Woohoo!

Holiday! Celebrate! :)

My plate

Joshua grubbing! :)

Rufus got a plate too!

My burnt around the edges pie :-(


After dinner we took our annual Thanksgiving family picture. Sad not to have Libby this year. :-( I want a kitty so bad! (sigh)

Thanksgiving Family pic 10'

Thanksgiving 09'

Thanksgiving 08' - The start of the tradition. :)

After our pic my family called us on skype. We skyped for probably over an hour and it was a blast! My entire family got together this year (minus us) and I was bummed we were missing it. So it was really neat to skype and see everyone together. My parents, sisters, brother, Grandma, Aunt/Uncle, Cousin - way fun! It felt almost as if we were there. "Almost". :)

Cheers-ing with my sis! :))

Posing with my mom and brother. hehe.

Busted out the Christmas decorations today! We love Christmas and couldn't wait to make our home festive. We're going to cut down our first Xmas tree this weekend! Looking for just a little Charlie Brown one but still so excited! I can't help but think of Christmas Vacation in doing this. Don't forget the saw! :) The forecast said snow but it seems to change every 5 mins around here. :-/ We had some snow flurries last week but nothing stuck.... hope to get some by Christmas! Yes, we're dreaming of a white Christmas...






I cut Joshua's hair last week. Can you believe he hadn't cut his hair since the wedding?! There was sooooo much hair. His hair's so different from mine... thick and curly as opposed to thin and straight! Can't wait to see what carries on to our kiddos. :-) This was my 1st haircut. I was pretty nervous but I think it came out ok... what do you think?

Before

And after! :)

So I came to the realization over the past few weeks that the new job well... really kinda stinks. The job itself is high stress and the people I work with are D-R-A-M-A. Plus, I just don't find the medical field interesting and hearing about sick people all day makes me uneasy. It got me thinking about things though and it led me to a big decision. I want to persue my dream of being a Bridal Consultant. I thought about doing this while helping my sister plan her wedding in 01'! After planning my wedding I realized this is what I should be doing! Helping couples plan one of the biggest days in their lives and having my ideas, creativity and hard work put into that?! It would be pretty amazing. I love that Jack Johnson lyric "don't let your dreams be dreams".  Moving here was living a dream... why stop there?! I really think if I put my heart into this I can make it happen!
XoXo


No comments:

Til next time...

Til next time...